The below information will refer to lcmade.com (“Lowcountry Made”,” “we”, “our”).
It is Lowcountry Made’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website and other sites we own and operate.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. We collect:
- information you provide to us;
- information about how you use our websites, mobile applications, and other online services;
- information about the computers and devices you use to access our services;
- information about your online activities and your interests;
- information about how you respond to our communications;
- information about the location of your mobile device based on the location of nearby WiFi networks or, subject to your consent, information accessed via the location functionality of your device; and information about you from publicly or commercially available sources.
Additionally, we collect passive data.This means that Lowcountry Made and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use our services or interact with us. The information we may collect includes:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type
- Device manufacturer
- Device identifier
- Browser type
- Content viewed on our services
- Pages viewed immediately before and after you access our websites
- Which content from us or our affiliated companies you view, access, or click on
Your activities over time and across Lowcountry Made network and within the network of websites include:
- Whether you open our electronic communication and where you click within them
- Features of our services that you use
- Name and location of your Internet Service Provider
- Amount of time spent on our pages and how many pages you viewed during your visit
- When you use social media platforms, applications or tools that enable features like audio or video content (sometimes known as “plugins”), or other features that are operated or offered by other companies (sometimes known as “third parties”) and are integrated into our services or allow you to connect to our services, we may collect information from those third parties.
Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media platforms or third-party features you use to manage how information is shared.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site. Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
- to provide you with products and services and respond to your requests; for research purposes;
- to communicate with you about Lowcountry Made;
- to learn about you;
- to send you or provide you with content based on your interests;
- and to improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our services.
- with third parties, including service providers that process information on our behalf, to facilitate transactions and provide you with services;
- with our affiliates; to facilitate interest-based advertising; and in association with a transfer of a business or related assets; when there is a legal obligation to disclose your information; or to protect our legal rights, the public, or others.
We do not share sensitive personal information (i.e. credit card information) to third parties for their marketing purposes or other independent use.
We may share Aggregated Information with third parties that provide content and services for us. We may also share Aggregated Information with advertisers and others so that they can better understand our audience. For example, we might disclose the gender, age, or geographical breakdown of our user base.
Unless you have consented otherwise, we do not sell, rent, barter, or otherwise give away user lists, users’ names, email addresses, or mailing addresses so that advertisers or other third parties may send you advertisements or other solicitations.
You should know that when you voluntarily disclose personal information publicly on our services, that information may be collected and used by others and you may receive unsolicited communications from other people. When you share information via features offered on our services by other companies (sometimes known as “third-party plugins”), the privacy settings of the for those features govern how the information will be shared.
If you reside in a country in the European Union or other jurisdiction that provides access rights under law, you may contact us as set forth below. You may be charged a reasonable fee for access to information.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. In addition to using regular Malware Scanning, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. When you fill out a form on Lowcountry Made’s website, your information is stored in Mailchimp — which we are happy to delete upon request.
Ongoing internal network security audits and scanning gives us an overview for quick identification of impacted systems and services. Whenever a vulnerability in a product used by Lowcountry Made or a high or critical vulnerability is publicly reported, prompt actions are taken to mitigate any potential risks for our customers — we apply hotfixes and patches promptly when available and/or implement pro-active mechanisms like configuration of firewalls or IDS/IPS.
All credit card transactions are processed using secure encryption—the same level of encryption used by leading banks. Card information is securely transmitted one time to a 3rd party payment gateway, who then stores the card information & returns to us only an identifying hash (ID number) which we store.
What are my choices?
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Please note: Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected]. Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each marketing email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
You may update or delete the account information you provide us for any of our services in the account information page for that service.
You may indicate your preferences regarding marketing communications by contacting us at the information below.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
What You Can Do About Google:
If you would like to opt out of Google tracking, users can opt out by setting preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Last Updated: 8/6/2020